Call before you dig…it’s the law! Calling 811 is the most important step!
Digging may seem like no big deal, but regardless of where you live or conduct your business:
- The gas, electric, cable, water, and sewer lines that serve you, may very well be underground
- We urge you to call 811 first because hidden dangers could be just beneath the surface, no matter how deep you plan to dig
Call 811 at least a few days before you start any digging project.
Call Before You Dig
Whether you are planning to do it yourself or hire a professional:
- Call 811 before each job
- Visit the Washington Call Before You Dig website
When to Notify
If you’re planning a project which requires digging:
- State Law requires you to notify Washington 811 at least 2 working days in advance of the start of the digging
- They’ll come to the location you’d like excavated to mark the buried utilities on your property
Whether you plan to do it yourself or hire a professional, smart digging means calling (800) 424-5555 or 811 before each job.
“It’s Free, It’s Easy, It’s the Law”